In NXPowerLite Desktop 10 we introduced a feature that reduces the compatibility for files that are opened in Office 2007 and below. We know that this only affects some content types such as shapes with image backgrounds or grouped images. When you open files with this content that have been optimized by NXPowerLite in Office 2007, the content will not be displayed.
Amending files so content can be seen in Office 2007
It is possible to 'fix' files that have been processed by NXPowerLite and have content that cannot be seen in Office 2007. In order to perform these steps you'll need the free tool 7-zip.
Follow the steps below:
- Make a copy of the file
- Right-click the file and select Open archive from the 7-zip section of the menu
- Inside the Word folder double-click settings.xml - that should open Notepad showing the contents of the file.
- Press ctrl + f to open the find function and search for compatSetting
- In the file change the value in quotes to 14 after w:val as indicated in the image below
- Save and close the file and 7-zip.
- Open the file in Word (2013 or later) and resave the file giving it a different name.
After resaving, you'll notice a much-increased file size and all the content of the file can be seen when opening in Ofice 2007.