1.6 (06 April 2022)
- Automatic and manual check for updates
- Improved detection of empty placeholders
- Add option to delete empty placeholders
- Support for modern comments
- Slidewise now returns to the active tab when it reopens PowerPoint
1.5 (15 March 2022)
- The user interface has been hugely improved
- Export or delete speaker notes
- Export or delete comments
- Find empty placeholders
- Automatically identify problem images
- View image dimensions
- See font usage
- Export media
- Reset the 14-day trial before, so you can get another 14 days with version 1.5 if you have previously had a trial.
- Fixed a bug with the Replace Image feature. Previously if you replaced an image with a smaller image the size of the presentation file wasn’t being reduced.
- Fixed two more issues preventing OneDrive files from being found
1.4 (!6 November 2021)
- Added the option to remove unused layouts
- Slidewise now indicates when a master has been set to be 'Preserved' alongside the name of the master.
- Added warning when a slide master and all of its layouts are not used in the presentation.
- Reassign individual or selected slides between layouts
- When selecting a slide, the Slide Masters view now jumps to the associated layout rather than the individual slide
- Fixed a bug that could cause Slidewise to fail when analyzing presentations containing online video
- Fixed a minor bug causing a text editing caret to be displayed when clicking in the menu column on the Slide Masters tab.
- Fixed a bug causing analysis to fail when the presentation contains nameless slide masters and/or layouts
- Fixed a bug causing analysis to fail with some types of audio objects
- Worked around an issue causing analysis to fail when processing some files containing broken images, which PowerPoint can nevertheless open without complaining
- Fixed a bug causing a text caret to be shown when clicking in the columns where warning icons appear
1.3 (20 October 2021)
- Added “Slide Master” view to the task pane, showing all slide masters and layouts and the slides using each layout, and allowing double-click to jump to the relevant object in PowerPoint
- Added “Reassign Slides” feature, allowing the user to replace one layout with another for all slides using that layout
- The full name of the presentation is now included in error reports (this will be either a full path or a URL)
- Fix a bug causing the “Show the Slidewise pane when opening a presentation” preference not to be saved when PowerPoint is closed
1.2 (12 October 2021)
- Added Preferences dialog and removed “Re-Enable ‘Close File’ Warning” button from Ribbon (this is now in Preferences as a checkbox named “Warn me when Slidewise needs to close my file”)Added support for ink
- Added support for 3D models
- Sizes are now hidden for media objects that are zero bytes in size
- Cloud fonts are no longer flagged as “substituted” and are included in the “replace with” list when replacing fonts
- “Media” node has been removed, pulling the nodes inside up under “Presentation” instead
- Media objects now show the number of shapes using them in parentheses after their names, if they’re used by more than 1 shape (e.g. “image1.jpeg (2)”)
- The version of Slidewise and the name of the file are now included when copying error reports to the clipboard
- Fixed Slidewise not reopening after replacing fonts or after other operations requiring the PowerPoint file to be closed and reopened
- “Action” menu buttons now behave more like actual menus
- Fixed Slidewise failing to analyze files containing references to embedded fonts that aren’t actually embedded in the file - these files can now be analyzed but Slidewise font substitution warnings might not be correct
- Fixed a bug that could cause an embedded video to be unidentified
v1.1 - 23 August 2021
- Slidewise now opens automatically by default when a presentation is opened
- The automatic opening of the Slidewise index can be disabled by following this support guide.
- Fixed an issue where Slidewise would not work with some files synced with OneDrive/SharePoint
- Slidewise can now show and replace fonts used as default text styles
- More strings displayed in the index (e.g. “Slide”, “Slide Master”, “Theme” etc) are now localizable
1.0 (26 May 2021)
- Reset evaluation period storage, so a new 14-day evaluation period starts when this build is used.
- Added “Help Center” button to Slidewise Ribbon tab
- Fixed a bug with the Replace Fonts feature. When using the feature with files containing XML parts over 1.3MB in size the process could fail to finish, leaving the file in an indeterminate state.
- Fixed many UI bugs
0.96 (18 May 2021)
- Slidewise now works with files within folders that have been added via “Add shortcut to OneDrive”.
- Fixed a bug where Slidewise would not open when a non-default theme was used in PowerPoint.
0.95 (11 May 2021)
- We have a new Replace Image Instance feature. This allows you to replace all the instances of a JPEG or PNG with another image - imagine updating a logo that has been copied and pasted onto every slide. Currently, it will only allow you to replace like for like, so a PNG for a PNG.
- We've substantially extended our support for working with files synced with SharePoint/OneDrive. Slidewise will now be able to work with many more files than in version 0.94, plus we have enabled all the features for these files that were previously disabled in v0.92.
- We've fixed some high-dpi scaling issues that crept into version 0.94 - sorry about that if you were affected.
0.94 (09 Apr 2021)
- Introduced user warnings (fonts have been substituted and broken/missing links)
- Improved support for files opened from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Improved linked media feature
- Improved detection and classification of audio/video objects
- Introduced a Slidewise Ribbon tab
- Multiple UI fixes and improvements
- Multiple bug fixes
0.93 (15 Mar 2021)
- There’s a new Linked Media node in the index that shows all external content that the presentation links to. From the ellipsis menu, you can access the “Open source”, “Open file location”, “Copy path”, “Copy URL”, “Update now”, “Change source” and “Break link” actions. Available options will depend on the type of object. We also show the full path or URL in the inspector for linked media.
- We have added limited support for files in some cloud locations like your own synced folders in OneDrive. However, due to the many ways in which these systems can be configured, and also the many ways files can be accessed, we are not yet certain how best to extend the support further. We have added a warning when you try to open a file from a location we do not yet support asking to share more information so that we can identify the main areas on which we need to focus.
- We have re-ordered the categories, organized all media in descending size order, and now also hide any categories that have no content by default to reduce noise in the index.
- When you click on an object on the slide now it immediately jumps to the item in the Slidewise index - previously you would have to double-click it in the inspector to open it in the index.
- We now ask much more politely before closing and reopening your presentation for any changes that require us to do so.
0.92 (02 Feb 2021)
- We have updated Slidewise to make it (almost) work with files in OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc. From version 0.92 onwards it should now index the content of these files.
It is limited, however, in that it won’t let you replace fonts, or embed/subset fonts. These features require us to modify the XML directly and we’ve observed some intermittent sync issues that occasionally trip the action up and prevent the change from sticking. To avoid customers having a bad experience we’ve deactivated these features by default if the active presentation is a cloud file.
You can optionally override the restriction by following these instructions.
- The Slidewise task pane is now pre-loaded during startup to minimize any delay when the Slidewise button is clicked for the first time.
0.83 (08 Oct 2020)
- Improved robustness of font replacement (fixed some cases that could trigger the error message “Sorry, an error occurred and fonts have not been replaced”)
v0.82 28 Sept 2020
- Fixed bug causing the 32-bit installer to fail on 32-bit Windows
0.81 (19 Aug 2020)
- Removed “Full Expand” and “Full Collapse” options from the main tree context menu
- Fixed some remaining (subtle) high DPI issues and generally improved the layout of the font embedding confirmation, registration, and font replacement dialogs
- Hooked up AcceptButton/CancelButton properties so Return/Esc keys work to accept/cancel all dialogs
- Added a simple message box in case font replacement fails
- When replacing fonts, panose, charset, and pitchFamily are now set (or removed if replacing with a theme font) as well as the typeface attribute
0.78 (13 Aug 2020)
- Modified installer to add Neuxpower to the local machine’s Trusted Publishers certificate store to suppress scary ClickOnce prompts
- Removed redundant Inspector label from the Slidewise task pane
- Manifest files should now be properly signed using “Neuxpower Solutions Ltd” certificate
- Fixed bug causing null reference exception when handling certain broken SVG images
- Added “Enter key…” button to task pane Expired state
- Added “Save as…” button to task pane Not Saved state
- Added new task pane Cloud Saved state with “Save as…” button (prompting the user to save the file locally)
- Changed “trial expired” text in About box to match the text in the task pane Expired state
- Tweaked status panel in various ways, mostly to make it clearer that it can be clicked when changes are detected
- Tweaked “free trial” panel to look better and occupy less space
- Removed label from Inspector and have it display a prompt when no shape is selected
- Moved some of the less interesting information from the main tree into a new “Other” category
0.74 (06 Aug 2020)
- Fixed bug preventing Replace Fonts dialog from being submitted
0.73 (05 Aug 2020)
- Improved appearance of the main tree (it has a thicker border than the Inspector for some reason but looks more cohesive than before)
- Fixed images looking blurry at high DPI by adding DPI-specific bitmaps for warning icon, button images, and main task pane “ellipsis” button (Slidewise logo in About box is not scaled so it isn’t blurry, just currently too small at high DPI)
- Fixed DPI scaling issues in About box (still not perfect and needs work but at least it’s usable at high DPI now)
0.71 (03 Aug 2020)
- Fixed DPI scaling issues everywhere except the About box (most of the UI is uglier than before so we’ll need another pass through to polish)
- Added draggable splitter between the main tree and Inspector
- Fixed DPI scaling issues in “global status” pane (the pane that shows when Slidewise status is Error, Trial Expired, Not Saved etc.) and in “trial status” pane that appears at the bottom of the Inspector when in trial mode - however, *many* DPI scaling issues remain
- Removed version number from the bottom of the task pane (this might be reinstated later but it was getting in the way of DPI scaling fixes)
- Fixed a bug causing the task pane to stay in the Trial Expired state after registering