v0.94 - 09 Apr 2021
- Introduced user warnings (fonts have been substituted and broken/missing links)
- Improved support for files opened from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Improved linked media feature
- Improved detection and classification of audio/video objects
- Introduced a Slidewise Ribbon tab
- Multiple UI fixes and improvements
- Multiple bug fixes
v0.93 - 15 Mar 2021
- There’s a new Linked Media node in the index that shows all external content that the presentation links to. From the ellipsis menu, you can access the “Open source”, “Open file location”, “Copy path”, “Copy URL”, “Update now”, “Change source” and “Break link” actions. Available options will depend on the type of object. We also show the full path or URL in the inspector for linked media.
- We have added limited support for files in some cloud locations like your own synced folders in OneDrive. However, due to many ways in which these systems can be configured, and also the many ways files can be accessed, we are not yet certain how best to extend the support further. We have added a warning when you try to open a file from a location we do not yet support asking to share more information, so that we can identify the main areas on which we need to focus.
- We have re-ordered the categories, organized all media in descending size order and now also hide any categories that have no content by default to reduce noise in the index.
- When you click on an object on slide now it immediately jumps to the item in the Slidewise index - previously you would have to double-click it in the inspector to open it in the index.
- We now ask much more politely before closing and reopening your presentation for any changes that require us to do so.
v0.92 - 02 Feb 2021
- We have updated Slidewise to make it (almost) work with files in OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc. From version 0.92 onwards it should now index the content of these files.
It is limited, however, in that it won’t let you replace fonts, or embed/subset fonts. These features require us to modify the XML directly and we’ve observed some intermittent sync issues that occasionally trip the action up and prevent the change from sticking. To avoid customers having a bad experience we’ve deactivated these features by default if the active presentation is a cloud file.
You can optionally override the restriction by following these instructions.
- The Slidewise task pane is now pre-loaded during startup to minimize any delay when the Slidewise button is clicked for the first time.
v0.83 08 Oct 2020
- Improved robustness of font replacement (fixed some cases that could trigger the error message “Sorry, an error occurred and fonts have not been replaced”)
v0.82 28 Sept 2020
- Fixed bug causing the 32-bit installer to fail on 32-bit Windows
v0.81 19 Aug 2020
- Removed “Full Expand” and “Full Collapse” options from main tree context menu
- Fixed some remaining (subtle) high DPI issues and generally improved the layout of the font embedding confirmation, registration and font replacement dialogs
- Hooked up AcceptButton/CancelButton properties so Return/Esc keys work to accept/cancel all dialogs
- Added a simple message box in case font replacement fails
- When replacing fonts, panose, charset and pitchFamily are now set (or removed if replacing with a theme font) as well as the typeface attribute
v0.78 13 Aug 2020
- Modified installer to add Neuxpower to the local machine’s Trusted Publishers certificate store to suppress scary ClickOnce prompts
- Removed redundant Inspector label from the Slidewise task pane
- Manifest files should now be properly signed using “Neuxpower Solutions Ltd” certificate
- Fixed bug causing null reference exception when handling certain broken SVG images
- Added “Enter key…” button to task pane Expired state
- Added “Save as…” button to task pane Not Saved state
- Added new task pane Cloud Saved state with “Save as…” button (prompting the user to save the file locally)
- Changed “trial expired” text in About box to match the text in the task pane Expired state
- Tweaked status panel in various ways, mostly to make it clearer that it can be clicked when changes are detected
- Tweaked “free trial” panel to look better and occupy less space
- Removed label from Inspector and have it display a prompt when no shape is selected
- Moved some of the less interesting information from the main tree into a new “Other” category
v0.74 06 Aug 2020
- Fixed bug preventing Replace Fonts dialog from being submitted
v0.73 05 Aug 2020
- Improved appearance of main tree (it has a thicker border than the Inspector for some reason but looks more cohesive than before)
- Fixed images looking blurry at high DPI by adding DPI-specific bitmaps for warning icon, button images and main task pane “ellipsis” button (Slidewise logo in About box is not scaled so it isn’t blurry, just currently too small at high DPI)
- Fixed DPI scaling issues in About box (still not perfect and needs work but at least it’s usable at high DPI now)
v0.71 03 Aug 2020
- Fixed DPI scaling issues everywhere except the About box (most of the UI is uglier than before so we’ll need another pass through to polish)
- Added draggable splitter between the main tree and Inspector
- Fixed DPI scaling issues in “global status” pane (the pane that shows when Slidewise status is Error, Trial Expired, Not Saved etc) and in “trial status” pane that appears at the bottom of the Inspector when in trial mode - however, *many* DPI scaling issues remain
- Removed version number from the bottom of the task pane (this might be reinstated later but it was getting in the way of DPI scaling fixes)
- Fixed a bug causing the task pane to stay in the Trial Expired state after registering