NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 7.1.1 (14th November 2016)
- Removed unnecessary resources included in the downloaded software. Now 40MB instead of 79MB.
- Minor accessibility fixes
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 7.1.0 (27th October 2016)
- NXPowerLite Desktop (Mac) can now optimize Word files
- XML Word files with the following file extensions will be processed
- File Processing engine improvements (see below)
- Support for files created with Office 2016
- Now works on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- MacOS 10.12 0 (Sierra)
- Improved the NXPowerLite Finder options
- NXPowerLite now has more options to resize images at higher resolutions
- Added a 20-file batch limit to evaluation users. Please note that the evaluation still runs for 14-days otherwise unrestricted.
- License agreement changed to include the concept of 'Authorised users'. This is explains more explicitly that each licence is per user, not per machine.
- 15 x UI improvements
- Added Spanish language support
File processing improvements
- New PDF processing engine
- Added a new JPEG library to process JPEG's more quickly
- PDF improvement: Added support for ASCII encoded PDFs. These PDFs usually have images with double filters, one of which being ASCII. The desktop software has this setting enabled by default but it can be disabled by contacting Neuxpower.
- PDF improvement: Added the ability to strip out some types of PDF marked content.
- PDF Improvement: Allow images with inverted default decode arrays (IDDAs) to be optimised, but only if the original image's colour space is non-indexed CMYK. (IDDAs are something that Photoshop often uses for CMYK JPEG images)
- PDF improvements: Added support for double filtered images (specifically FlateDecode and DCTDecode)
- Eliminated many bugs encountered when NXPowerLite processes PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where NXPowerLite would not work on Mac Pro’s with more than 16 cores.
- XMP and Photoshop IPTC metadata were stripped when NXPowerLite processed data
- Multiple minor bug fixes
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 6.0.9 (20th May 2014)
Many minor UI improvements
- Fixed an issue where some files would not open in Office on Mac after optimization. However they would open in Office on a Windows OS
- Resolved an issue where the first file in a batch would sometimes not be optimized
- Fixed issues where some JPEG files were not being optimized
- Fixed an issue where some files would not be optimized and show 'Unexpected exception' error message
- Fixed an issue where some PDF files would show 'Unexpected exception' instead of ''Already optimized'
- Amended and improved English, French and German documentation
- Replace images with improved versions in installer
- Fixed issues with dialog Z-ordering
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 6.0.8 (15th April 2014)
We are pleased to introduce NXPowerLite Desktop 6, the first full edition of NXPowerLite on a Mac.
PDF, PowerPoint and JPEG file reduction
Better reduction than in any previous version of NXPowerLite and the ability to reduce more file types.
Full support for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 files
NXPowerLite gets amazing reductions on file sizes even with the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports processing of all versions of Microsoft PowerPoint from PowerPoint 97 to PowerPoint 2013, including all the versions made specifically for Mac OS.
Replace original file or create a new optimized copy
The option to replace the original file rather than creating an optimized copy, was one of our most frequent requests.
Right-click finder options
We've included a range of right-click options to Finder to make popular tasks easier and faster. For example, if you select five photos, right-click and choose 'Optimize and email', all five images will be optimized and automatically attached to a new email.
Easy to use interface
We have built on our experiences of many previous versions of NXPowerLite for Windows and bring to the Mac an intuitive and seamless user experience.