NXPowerLite Desktop 10.0.2 (5 Sept 2023)
- 2 new built-in profiles, Strong & Basic
- Restart with the original files loaded
- Help with files that don't compress or ones that are still large after compression
- Improved and extended context menu options on main and results dialogs
- Check for updates
- Faster and better compression
- Made dramatic improvements in processing speed for Office documents
- Support for new-style embedded objects in PowerPoint
- Added feature to remove Word 2007 support
- New setting: Remove Excel data from charts
- Don't remove the EXIF orientation property when removing EXIF data in JPEGs
- Many UI improvements
- Plus multiple bug fixes and minor improvements.
See What's New in Desktop 10 Mac blog post for more details
NXPowerLite is now compatible with Mac OS Big Sur and above
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 9.1.2 (9 December 2021)
- Hugely improved the speed of processing files.
- Full support for macOS Monterey
- Support for files created in Office 2021
- Reduced the size of the installer by 50%
- Fixed compatibility with files stored in iCloud Drive.
- Fixed access permissions issues with removable drives
- Fixed access permissions with NXPowerLite Finder extension
- Fixed an issue where the Desktop App would crash when it didn’t have permission to the folder.
- Fixed an issue where some images could become corrupt and render them to be not visible in Office when using the ‘Reduce color depth of PNG images’ feature. It only affected some true color (i.e. usually 24-bit color) PNG images with simple transparency.
- Multiple minor UI and help documentation fixes.
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 9.1.0 (12 August 2021)
- Delete cropped areas of images now works in PPTX files (Does not work in DOCX or XLSX files)
- Flatten Embedded Objects feature now works in PPTX files. (Does not work in DOCX or XLSX files)
- Fixed a bug with PDF processing where some PDFs that could be optimized with v8 could not be optimized with v9.
- Fixed a bug in the preferences dialog where it was not possible to change the text appended to compressed files.
- Other minor User Interface fixes.
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 9.0.5 (13 July 2021)
- NXPowerLite now compresses Excel (XML) files
- Choose settings and profile in FInder
- Frequently used folders
- Export your results
- Compress Microsoft Office files created by other apps
- Smaller Microsoft Office files
- Flatten embedded charts in DOCX and PPTX files
- Compress header and footer images in DOCX files
- Allow JPEG conversion
- Updated PDF library used in Desktop to 15.0.4PlusP2g
- Other UI improvements
- NXPowerLite is now compatible with Mac OS 10.12 - 10.15 (High Sierra - Big Sur)
- Fixed a bug where NXPowerLite would crash if it tried to process a certain category of PPTX files.
- We fixed an issue affecting PPTX files containing embedded objects, which could cause some applications (not including PowerPoint itself) to fail to open optimized files.
- Make NXPowerLite skip large images that were making it crash
- Better memory management to stop PDFs with large images crashing NXPowerLite.
- Enabled processing of files downloaded from Office.com, previously these would be unsupported.
- Fixed a bug that made NXPowerLite crash with Office files that had content with different capitalization than the documented specification
- Fixed a bug that made NXPowerLite crash on files with internal content incorrectly referenced. Now, these files can be compressed.
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 8.0.8 (7th October 2019)
- Compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Dark Mode support
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 8.0.7 (10th October 2018)
- PNG and Tiff files with non-Ascii characters in the filename can now be processed.
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 8.0.6 (10th September 2018)
- NXPowerLite now reduces PNG and TIFF files
- Create multiple custom profiles
- New Finder options
- Replace original files without creating a backup or copy
- NXPowerLite now available in Japanese. (German, French & Spanish as well)
- Multiple MS Office reduction improvements meaning more files are reduced by more
- NXPowerLite is now compatible with Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 & 10.14*
* Tested with the last preview build ahead of public release
- If file size changes by more than 64 KB from last optimized file size, then the file should be re-optimized
- Reduce shapes with image backgrounds in office XML files.
- Embedded object in DOCX has no <v:shape> element
- Optimize pictures that are specified in the VML namespace in Office documents
- Check that OOXML documents that contain images with arbitrary extensions optimize correctly
- Update PDF library used in Desktop to 15.0.4PlusP2g
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 7.1.1 (14th November 2016)
- Removed unnecessary resources included in the downloaded software. Now 40MB instead of 79MB.
- Minor accessibility fixes
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 7.1.0 (27th October 2016)
- NXPowerLite Desktop (Mac) can now optimize Word files
- XML Word files with the following file extensions will be processed
- File Processing engine improvements (see below)
- Support for files created with Office 2016
- Now works on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- MacOS 10.12 0 (Sierra)
- Improved the NXPowerLite Finder options
- NXPowerLite now has more options to resize images at higher resolutions
- Added a 20-file batch limit to evaluation users. Please note that the evaluation still runs for 14-days otherwise unrestricted.
- License agreement changed to include the concept of 'Authorised users'. This is explains more explicitly that each licence is per user, not per machine.
- 15 x UI improvements
- Added Spanish language support
File processing improvements
- New PDF processing engine
- Added a new JPEG library to process JPEG's more quickly
- PDF improvement: Added support for ASCII encoded PDFs. These PDFs usually have images with double filters, one of which being ASCII. The desktop software has this setting enabled by default but it can be disabled by contacting Neuxpower.
- PDF improvement: Added the ability to strip out some types of PDF marked content.
- PDF Improvement: Allow images with inverted default decode arrays (IDDAs) to be optimised, but only if the original image's colour space is non-indexed CMYK. (IDDAs are something that Photoshop often uses for CMYK JPEG images)
- PDF improvements: Added support for double filtered images (specifically FlateDecode and DCTDecode)
- Eliminated many bugs encountered when NXPowerLite processes PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where NXPowerLite would not work on Mac Pro’s with more than 16 cores.
- XMP and Photoshop IPTC metadata were stripped when NXPowerLite processed data
- Multiple minor bug fixes
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 6.0.9 (20th May 2014)
Many minor UI improvements
- Fixed an issue where some files would not open in Office on Mac after optimization. However they would open in Office on a Windows OS
- Resolved an issue where the first file in a batch would sometimes not be optimized
- Fixed issues where some JPEG files were not being optimized
- Fixed an issue where some files would not be optimized and show 'Unexpected exception' error message
- Fixed an issue where some PDF files would show 'Unexpected exception' instead of ''Already optimized'
- Amended and improved English, French and German documentation
- Replace images with improved versions in installer
- Fixed issues with dialog Z-ordering
NXPowerLite Desktop Edition 6.0.8 (15th April 2014)
We are pleased to introduce NXPowerLite Desktop 6, the first full edition of NXPowerLite on a Mac.
PDF, PowerPoint and JPEG file reduction
Better reduction than in any previous version of NXPowerLite and the ability to reduce more file types.
Full support for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 files
NXPowerLite gets amazing reductions on file sizes even with the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports processing of all versions of Microsoft PowerPoint from PowerPoint 97 to PowerPoint 2013, including all the versions made specifically for Mac OS.
Replace original file or create a new optimized copy
The option to replace the original file rather than creating an optimized copy, was one of our most frequent requests.
Right-click finder options
We've included a range of right-click options to Finder to make popular tasks easier and faster. For example, if you select five photos, right-click and choose 'Optimize and email', all five images will be optimized and automatically attached to a new email.
Easy to use interface
We have built on our experiences of many previous versions of NXPowerLite for Windows and bring to the Mac an intuitive and seamless user experience.