You can optimize files with NXPowerLite in the following ways:
- Using the NXPowerLite application directly (covered in detail below)
- Quick optimize in Explorer using the right-click options
- Automatically compress files in Outlook with NXPowerLite (Windows Only)
Optimizing files using the NXPowerLite application
Launch the application and click on the "Add files" button in the top left of the window.
This will open an add files dialog like the one below. Simply browse to the files you want to optimize, select them and click 'Add'.
Alternatively, you can select and drag files from Explorer onto the NXPowerLite window.
Your chosen files will now be displayed in a list in the main NXPowerLite window.
Compression and file Settings
Check that you are happy with the following:
- the "Optimize profile" - marked in blue. Determine the optimization compression strength. The Balanced profile is fine for most purposes but you can use Strong or basic profiles or even create your own compression profile here too.
- the "Save setting" - marked in green. Choose whether optimized copies or backups are created, or originals are files replaced
- the "Create copy in / Create backup in" control -marked in Pink. Choose where newly created files or backups are saved.
When you are ready click the "Optimize" button to start NXPowerLite reducing your files.
When it has finished you will see the results screen, showing how much it has reduced your files. There is a range of options for ongoing actions available for each file in the menu bar at the top.
Not happy with the reduction?
If a file isn't reduced for any reason or the file does not reduce as much as you would expect there are options to Analyze your file (Office files on Windows only) or links to file format-specific online help, where strategies to manually reduce the size of the file are detailed.