NXPowerLite comes with an uninstall script (uninstall.command) which should be run to completely remove NXPowerLite. It is located in the Applications/NXPowerLite directory. If the script is not used to remove NXPowerLite Desktop then you are likely in a situation where you cannot completely remove the old version and/or install newer versions.
If the script does not work or you continue to see problems then please follow these steps:
1. Resolve error message 'You already have a different NXPowerLite product installed'
This problem occurs during the installation of NXPowerLite Desktop for Mac if it detects an incomplete uninstallation of a previous version of the software.
If this happens, the installer will put up the error message and not allow installation to continue.
The solution is as follows:
- Launch a Terminal window, which can be found in Application -> Utilities.
- Run the following two commands:
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite.pkg'
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.pkg'
Note the sudo command will probably prompt for an administrator password, and that the command is case-sensitive.
2. Clean NXPowerLite Desktop Files
We suggest using 3rd party software AppCleaner to delete all the related NXPowerLite files in one easy step. If you use this option then either make a copy of or download the uninstall script for use after running AppCleaner. The steps for cleaning with AppCleaner are as follows:
- Drag NXPowerLite application from the applications folder onto AppCleaner
- Run AppCleaner
- Run the uninstall script for your version of NXPowerLite Desktop
If you are unable to use that App then please find and remove the following files (if they exist):
- /Applications/NXPowerLite Desktop/NXPowerLite Desktop.app
- /Applications/NXPowerLite Desktop
- /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Scripts/com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.NXPowerFinderExtension
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/NXPowerLite Desktop_9E4CF082-73BD-5256-9309-DB4D7ED9AD4B.plist
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Application Support
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Caches/com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Containers/com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.NXPowerFinderExtension
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Group Containers/com.NeuxPower
- /Users/USERNAME /Library/Preferences/com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.plist
Where USERNAME is the name of your mac user.
Once these steps are complete your mac is cleaned of NXPowerLite Desktop and you can install new versions without issue.