There have been some major structural changes to the software under the hood which has meant that some settings and configuration will be lost during the upgrade from Version 7 to Version 8 of NXPowerLite for File Servers.
Note: Migration happens at the point that version 8 is registered, so please register before checking the software.
What is migrated
- All Single-Pass and Evaluation Reports
- The Live report will be updated with all the data included
What is not migrated to v8 and needs to be manually re-configured
- Configured folders on the dashboard (You can now copy and paste folders from explorer)
- Any configured profiles (Files to Include, Settings or Schedule)
- The account used for the NXPowerLite File Server Windows service. Please see Configuring the NXPowerLite Windows Service for details on how to reconfigure.
If you previously used a custom registry key to configure rescanning in Auto-loop mode (Anti Thrashing Mins) that will now be shown in the new UI preferences area (Pause if there are no new files for:).
Any other custom registry key features will not be migrated. e.g. Minimum File Size