NXPowerLite uses a windows service to manage and perform the file-optimization process. This service is configured with an account (LOCAL SYSTEM by default) to enable optimization of data residing locally on most server configurations. However, if you have a non-standard security model or you wish to optimize data that resides on external devices, then the service may need to be configured with an account that has FULL permissions (Read/Write/Update/Delete) to the following folders:
- All the folders selected for optimization
- The '%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for File Servers v9' folder on the installation server\machine
- The TEMP folder of the local machine
- Installation folder (usually:C:\Program Files (x86)\NXPowerLite for File Servers)
- Registry hive:
To configure the service:
Open NXPowerLite for File Server Dashboard and choose Windows Service... option under the Configure menu item.
without starting NXPowerLite for File servers:
- Open services.msc
- Double click "NXPowerLite File Server"
- Switch to the "Log On" tab
- Select the "This account:" radio button
- Enter details of an account permissions as described above
- Click "OK"
- Right-click on the NXPowerLite File Server service and select "Restart" from the menu
If you are configuring NXPowerLite to access a Novell NetWare installation via eDirectory, please see this support page or the updated page from Novell