NXPowerLite uses a windows service to manage and perform the optimization processing. This service is configured with an account (LOCAL SYSTEM by default) to enable optimization of data residing locally on most server configurations. However, if you have a non-standard security model or you wish to optimize data that resides on external devices, then the service may need to be configured with an account that has FULL permissions (Read/Write/Update/Delete) to the following folders:
- All the folders selected for optimization
- The '%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for File Servers v7' folder on the installation server\machine
- The TEMP folder of the local machine
- Installation folder (usually:C:\Program Files (x86)\NXPowerLite for File Servers)
- Registry hive:
To configure the service:
Open NXPowerLite for File Server Dashboard and choose Windows Service... option under the Configure menu item.
without starting NXPowerLite for File servers:
- Open services.msc
- Double click "NXPowerLite File Server"
- Switch to the "Log On" tab
- Select the "This account:" radio button
- Enter details of an account permissions as described above
- Click "OK"
- Right-click on the NXPowerLite File Server service and select "Restart" from the menu