NXPowerLite Desktop is constantly improving and we regularly publish updates called "point releases" to add minor features or fix occasional bugs. To make sure you're getting the best experience it is important to make sure you are using the latest release of the software you own.
You are automatically entitled to download the latest point release of the software for the major version you own, for example, if you own version 9 you can use any version up to 9.1.7, which is the last point release of major version 9.
Please note: If your Upgrade Assurance is valid then you can always use the latest version of the software.
Check for Updates feature (v10 or higher)
In version 10 we have introduced a check for updates feature.
If there are updates available it will take you to the Release Notes support web page where you can download the latest version.
No updates available
If no updates are available, you have the latest version installed and a message will appear as below:
Check for available updates v9 or lower
A. Check your version of NXPowerLite Desktop
- Open NXPowerLite by double-clicking the desktop shortcut
- On Windows, click the About button (or About option in the main menu). On Mac the About NXPowerLite option can be found under the "NXPowerLite Desktop" menu bar option.
- Note the exact version number (7.1.1 in the case below)
B. Find and download the latest software
- Find your download in this support article. This lists the latest available software for each major version of NXPowerLite.
- Download the correct software (In our example v7.1.14)
- Double-click the installer to update existing software
If you would like to use the latest major release, please visit our online store to buy an upgrade.