Normally, NXPowerLite Desktop is registered on a per-user basis - entering a registration key will remove the evaluation time limit for the currently logged-in user, but not for any other users on the same machine.
For situations where multiple users log into the same machine, the NXPowerLite registration key can be installed for all users, assuming the licensing requirements are satisfied. For Terminal Server environments, please take note of the License requirements for per machine installs or Terminal Server.
Follow these steps to install and register NXPowerLite Desktop on a per-machine basis:
Step 1: Download either 32-bit or 64-bit MSI files.
The version of MSI file must match the version of Windows that is running NXPowerLite in order for integration with Windows Explorer to work correctly. You should download the 64-bit MSI file if you are running an x64 edition of Windows, or the 32-bit MSI for x86 editions.
Version 8 Links
Version 7 Links
Step 2: Start command prompt
Run the command prompt as an administrator. To do this:
- Click the Windows Start button and type 'Command' (without the quotes).
- In the search results, right-click the 'Command Prompt' option and select 'Run as administrator'
Step 3: Navigate to the correct folder
Navigate to the folder containing the MSI file downloaded in step 1 in the command prompt.
Step 4: Install using command line arguments
Type the following into the command line prompt:
DownloadedFilename.msi NXNAME="My registration name" NXCODE="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" NXRDSINSTALL=1
- DownloadedFilename.msi is the name of the MSI file downloaded in Step 1 e.g. NXPowerLite64Setup80_2.msi
- "My registration name" is the name given to you upon purchase of the software.
- XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX is the registration key also given upon purchase.
- NXRDSINSTALL=1 allows installation to a Windows Server Operating System with Remote Desktop Service feature enabled (v8.x.x only)
By default NXPowerLite v8.x.x will not install on Windows Server OS. It can be installed using the command line parameter NXRDSINSTALL, only when Remote Desktop Service feature is enabled on the Windows Server OS.
Step 5: Check registration values
After installation, open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and the details should be found under the following registry keys (where "version" is the major version of NXPowerLite - e.g. "6.0"):
32-Bit MSI installation:
64-Bit MSI installation:
(values called "Registered Name" and "Registered Code")