By default, NXPowerLite for File Servers performs the optimisation in the temporary directory of the user that the NXPowerLite for File Servers service is logged in as.
This can result in a significant amount of data being copied and extracted to that location, which may be limited in terms of space or machine performance.
It is possible to configure the location where this work takes place, to take better advantage of your system resources. For example, you could move the working directory from a hard disk drive to a fast SSD to improve performance.
This requires version 7.1.4 or later. If you have an earlier version please download an appropriate version.
- Launch the NXPowerLite for File Servers dashboard, and if a run is in progress either pause or stop it.
- Close the dashboard.
- Open the services panel (services.msc) and navigate to the NXPowerLite File Server service. Stop this service.
- Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) and navigate to the appropriate location:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite File Server\8.0 (32-bit machines)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\Software\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite File Server\8.0 (64-bit machines)
- At this location, create a new string key with the name Temp directory override and the value of the full path to the location that you wish to use.
- Now reopen the NXPowerLite for File Servers dashboard, and resume the run. You should see files appear and disappear in the new working location as the run continues.