NXPowerLite for File Servers can skip files for a variety of reasons. These reasons will appear in the report as per the image below, but what if you want to find out which specific files make up each category.
NXPowerLite for File Servers keeps track of each file it has seen before, regardless of whether it has been successfully or not successfully compressed. It stores this information in a database stored alongside the configuration files. It is possible to query the database in order to find out which files fall into specific categories of skipped files.
Find Skipped file paths for specific categories
- Download a SQLite browser tool. We used DB Browser for SQLite.
- Ensure the NXPowerLite for File Servers Dashboard is closed
- Stop the NXPowerLite File Server Windows service
- Open SQLite database file called status at the following location:
C:\ProgramData\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for File Servers v8
- Switch to the Execute SQL tab. If not seen then select Execute SQL in the View menu.
- Find the value of the error in the table below. e.g. The value for File in use is 2005
- Execute a SQL query to return paths of files skipped for a reason appearing on the Single Pass report (See example below).
Use the following SQL query you should be able to bring back the full file paths files which have been skipped due to 'PDF processing error' (Value=2027).
SELECT Paths.path||fileName FROM Incompressible INNER JOIN Paths ON Incompressible.pathId= Paths.pathId WHERE status = '2027'
Skipped file categories