Here are the most likely explanations and resolutions for the issue:
- In most cases, the downloaded dmg file is actually corrupt or had an error downloading. If possible, try downloading the dmg again, turning off any download assistant plug-ins you may have. You can also try downloading the file in a different browser.
Alternatively, try curl -O URL in Terminal to download the file. For example, to download version 8.0.7, type the following in a Terminal window to download to the current folder:
curl -O https://cdn.neuxpower.com/releases/desktop-mac/8.0.7/NXPowerLiteDesktop80_7.dmg
The above command contains the letter O rather than the number zero.
- Rename the DMG file and ensure the downloaded DMG file is stored in a local drive e.g your Desktop. These two actions can remove any permissions issues although do check security policies for the file to ensure the correct permissions.
- Reboot your Mac if you haven't already tried that. Sometimes there are issues after opening too many dmg files, that is fixed with a reboot.
- Try mounting the DMG on the command line in Terminal. We will at least get some sort of useful error message to go on if it still fails:
- Open Terminal
- Type hdiutil attach into the terminal. Don't press enter yet.
- Drag the dmg file from your Finder window onto the Terminal window and let go. This will fill in the location of the dmg file into your Terminal window.
- Press enter.
- If all of the above fails, please contact us for an alternative link to your specific version of NXPowerLite.