NXPowerLite will fail when trying to register the license server ID. The software will display an error message that reads Unable to verify license server ID.
NXPowerLite for File Servers needs an active internet connection and direct connection with our online portal in order to operate correctly. Ideally Neuxpower's online portal requires an SSL certificate to be installed on the machine on which it is installed in order for it to register and draw credit.
In most cases the lack of an SSL security certificate is the reason for the failure to register. Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the connection issue:
- Make sure the NXPowerLite Server Dashboard is not running.
- Open Internet Explorer (on the same machine on which NXPowerLite is installed)
- In the address bar, type https://neuxpower.compliance.flexnetoperations.com/
- After the page has loaded it should show a HTTPS 403 - Forbidden error page as seen below, which is normal. If you encounter any other error see Firewall Settings section below.
- Close the Internet Explorer window.
- Open the NXPowerLite Server Dashboard and try registering the software again.
It is possible that your firewall settings can block NXPowerLite from communicating with Neuxpower's online portal. Please add neuxpower.compliance.flexnetoperations.com over HTTPS (port 443) to your firewall's whitelist.
If you are still experiencing trouble in registering the software then please contact us so we can help you.