This problem occurs during the installation of NXPowerLite Desktop for Mac if it detects an incomplete uninstallation of a previous version of the software.
If this happens, the installer will put up the error message and not allow installation to continue.
The solution is as follows:
- Launch a Terminal window, which can be found in Application -> Utilities.
- Run the following two commands:
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite.pkg'
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.pkg'
- Now re-run the installer.
Note the sudo command will probably prompt for an administrator password, and that the command is case-sensitive.
If this doesn't solve the problem, follow the full uninstallation steps in Manually remove NXPowerLite Desktop (mac) or contact email@example.com with full details of the error message that you are seeing.