This problem occurs during the installation of NXPowerLite Desktop for Mac if it detects an incomplete uninstallation of a previous version of the software.
If this happens, the installer will put up the error message and not allow installation to continue.
The solution is as follows:
- Launch a Terminal window, which can be found in Application -> Utilities.
- Run the following two commands:
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite.pkg'
- sudo pkgutil --forget 'com.NeuxPower.NXPowerLite-Desktop.pkg'
- Now re-run the installer.
Note the sudo command will probably prompt for an administrator password, and that the command is case-sensitive.
Please note that on some macOS the second command may fail
If this doesn't solve the problem, follow the full uninstallation steps in Manually remove NXPowerLite Desktop (mac) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of the error message that you are seeing.