Please note the following: if NXPowerLite for File Servers does not find any files to optimize at first, please check the log on as account for the service.
By default, if NXPowerLite for File Servers does not find anything to optimize, it will wait for a period of time (24 hour period by default) before trying again. This is to stop it thrashing the system unnecessarily.
This time duration can be overridden by the following steps:
- Stop the "NXPowerLite File Server" service.
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite Fileserver\7.0 (if you are on a 32-bit system, the path will not include Wow6432Node).
- Add a new DWORD value to this location, called Anti Thrashing Mins, specifying the anti-thrashing duration as a decimal value in minutes. We strongly recommend that the minimum value that you use 1 (minute).
- In a Windows Explorer window, go to: %PROGRAMDATA%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for File Servers v7
- Delete the file AntiThrashing.txt
- Restart the service.
When the service restarts, the anti-thrashing period will restart set to the new value, so if you have set it to 60, NXPowerLite for File Servers will wait for 60 minutes before attempting to optimize again.