Selecting file types to optimize
NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange is configured by default to process all file types that it currently supports. This can be changed by using the File Types dialog. This option is only available before you click the 'Find Mailboxes' button, or after a run has completed prior to finding mailboxes for a new run.
Supported file types
NXPowerLite can optimize the following types of files with the following extensions:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003 binary format (.ppt, .pot, .pps)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and later Open XML format (.pptx, .pptm, .potx, .potm, .ppsx, .ppsm)
- Microsoft Word 97-2003 binary format (.doc, .dot)
- Microsoft Word 2007 and later Open XML format (.docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm)
- Microsoft Excel 97-2003 binary format (.xls, .xlt)
- Microsoft Excel 2007 and later Open XML format (.xlsx, .xlsm, .xltx, .xltm)
- All PDF documents except PDF Portfolios (.pdf)
- JPEG images (.jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .jfif, .jif, .jfi)
- TIFF images (.tiff, .tif)
To enable or disable individual file types, expand the tree view and check or uncheck the corresponding checkboxes.
By default, NXPowerLite optimizes any of the selected file types that it finds inside Zip archives. This behavior can be disabled by unchecking Include the above files when found inside Zip archives.
Note: NXPowerLite cannot optimize any file or Zip archive that is encrypted or password protected.