By default, NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange will optimize the contents of all the mailboxes that it can find. However, we understand that some customers will wish to try optimizing a subset of mailboxes first.
It is possible to restrict NXPowerLite to a specific set of up to 5 mailboxes by editing the NXPowerLite Exchange.exe.config file in the NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange installation folder. The procedure is as follows:
- Open the NXPowerLite Exchange Dashboard. Make sure the "Find Mailboxes" button is enabled - if not, please follow the procedure in Changing settings after clicking "Find Mailboxes", then continue to Step 3.
- Close the NXPowerLite Exchange Dashboard.
- Open the Start menu (or the Start screen in Windows 8/Server 2012 or later) and type notepad. When the Notepad application appears in the search results, right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".
- In Notepad, open the "File" menu and select "Open", then navigate to the NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange installation folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange on a 64-bit operating system, or C:\Program Files\NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange on a 32-bit operating system.
- Change the file type selector from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)".
- Select NXPowerLite Exchange.exe.config and click "Open".
Inside the file, you will see a section with 5 "Mailbox" entries:
<add key="Mailbox1" value="" />
<add key="Mailbox2" value="" />
<add key="Mailbox3" value="" />
<add key="Mailbox4" value="" />
<add key="Mailbox5" value="" />
Simply fill in the primary email address of each mailbox that you want NXPowerLite to optimize between the quotation marks after "value=", as shown below:
<add key="Mailbox1" value="firstname.lastname@example.org" />
<add key="Mailbox2" value="email@example.com" />
<add key="Mailbox3" value="firstname.lastname@example.org" />
<add key="Mailbox4" value="email@example.com" />
<add key="Mailbox5" value="firstname.lastname@example.org" />
If you wish to optimize fewer than 5 mailboxes, it is not necessary to fill in all of the values.
Once you have made your changes, check the email addresses carefully (to avoid repeating this procedure), then save and close the file.
Then, open the NXPowerLite Exchange Dashboard and click "Find Mailboxes". You should find that the number of mailboxes found is equal to the number of email addresses you entered in the config file.
If the number of mailboxes found is smaller than expected, you may have mistyped one or more of the addresses, in which case please go back to Step 1 above.