This article explains our recommended method best to evaluate NXPowerLite file reduction technology and become comfortable with the files that have been processed.
1. Gather sample files
Sample files should be typical files used by users; we recommend working with users who regularly produce a lot of files. Files from each of the file types shown in the image above would also be an advantage.
2. Take a copy of your sample files
To help with a more streamlined evaluation, place all your sample files inside a folder. Your smaple folder can contain sub-folders as NXPowerLite Desktop will scan these too in the next step. Name this folder Original files. Copy the folder and rename the copied folder Optimized files. We suggest keeping the two folders on your desktop.
3. Install & configure NXPowerLite Desktop
- Download and install NXPowerLite Desktop, it is free for 14 days.
- (Optional) Configure NXPowerLite Desktop to replicate Server settings
- In NXPowerLite select Replace Original from the Save setting drop-down
4. Test the sample files using NXPowerLite Desktop
- Click on Add folders button in NXPowerLite
- Select Optimized files folder which you created in step 2. NXPowerLite will now scan your folders for files.
- Select all files by checking each checkbox in the Choose which files to include stage after the scan
- Select Add. This will load all the scanned files to NXPowerLite Desktop
If you see the file limit warning please contact us so that we can issue you with a registration key to remove the file limit
- Now hit the Optimize button to reduce the files with the server settings.
5. Review the results
- Review the reduction in file size of each file and ensure you are happy with the results.*
- Review the quality of the processed file by opening both the original document and the processed document side-by-side. Ensure you are happy that the content looks the same.
- It is possible that some files will not get optimized. NXPowerlite will display a description of the reason or error underneath each file in the Results dialog. For a complete list of these messages see Can you explain the reason NXPowerLite Desktop didn't reduce my file?
* Note: NXPowerLite's reduction performance varies depending on the content of each file. For more information please see How much smaller will my files get?