*Prior to upgrading to v7 all users on v4 need to update to v6 using the below instructions to keep their settings.
We cannot 'upgrade' any reports that you may have saved on your system. If you want to still have access to your reports, then you should open each report individually and save them separately as HTML files prior to installation.
During upgrading, no settings from the previous version are removed or over-written. So it is possible to uninstall this version of NXPowerLite and reinstall the old version in order to retrieve these settings.
Copying folder configuration from v4.x.x to v6.x.x
If you are upgrading from NXPowerLite for File Servers v4.x.x your configuration information will not be automatically carried over to the new version. This is due to the major changes we've made to scheduling and the addition of profiles. However, it is possible to copy all the folder paths that you have been using in v4.x.x into v6.x.x by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to the directory "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for File Servers"
- Open the file "inc-cfg.txt"
- Copy the folder paths to the clipboard (Do not copy the number in the first row)
- Double-click the NXPowerLite for File Server desktop icon
- Open the 'Add Multiple Folders...' dialog from the 'File' menu option
- Paste the folder paths into the folder list.
- Press OK
Please note: Folders are added with default Optimization Settings and File Types profiles. To customize these settings use the edit button on the Dashboard.