These instructions detail the steps needed to migrate NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange from version 1 to version 7. They apply to the optimizer application - customers using the scanner application to evaluate NXPowerLite with Microsoft Exchange can use the new version without needing to undertake additional steps.
Note that if these instructions are not followed, NXPowerLite will upgrade successfully but no user data will be migrated - effectively leaving you with a clean installation.
Additionally, once you have installed NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange v7, you will need to reapply any file type or optimisation settings that you have previously set in v1.
- Using NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange v1, launch the dashboard and stop any run that is either currently active, or paused. Now close the dashboard.
- Download NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange from here, and run the installer.
- Launch the NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange v7 dashboard, and enter your new registration key. Now close the dashboard.
- Go to the file location %programdata%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for Exchange v1 and copy the file NXExchangeReports.db to %programdata%\Neuxpower\NXPowerLite for Exchange v7.
- Finally, launch the NXPowerLite for Microsoft Exchange dashboard again, and follow the connection instructions to start optimizing your Microsoft Exchange server. You should be able to see your previous reports in the dialog that opens when you click on the Reports menu option.