By default NXPowerLite for File Servers is optimized to run as a tool to reclaim space on servers/shares. To set it up optimally to reduce data in a single pass for migration please follow the steps below.
These instructions only apply to new installations of NXPowerLite for File Servers. Contact us if you want to implement this on an exisiting installation.
We have built a PowerShell script to automatically apply all the settings to NXPowerLite to make it work for Migration. If you don't have access to PowerShell or want to configure manually please see Manually configure NXPowerLite for Migration.
- Download and install NXPowerLite for File Servers
- Open NXPowerLite for File Servers dashboard, register with a server ID and then close the dashboard.
- Download and extract the FileServer Migration Settings Setup Script, then run the script (FileServer-Migration-Settings.ps1) in PowerShell (Run as administrator)
The script requires PowerShell 3 and above. It will not run on earlier versions of PowerShell. Please ensure PowerShell is configured such that it can run signed scripts (please see this Microsoft article on Execution policies).
- Open the Dashboard, Add folders and apply the newly created file and settings profiles to each selected folder. (See image below)
- Click Start to start the optimization of the folders that will be migrated.