By default NXPowerLite for File Servers is optimized to run as a tool to reclaim space on servers/shares. To set it up to watch certain folders and automatically reduce each file that is added within 1 minute please follow the steps below.
These instructions are aimed at new users of NXPowerLite for File Servers. If you have an existing installation we recommend running a new installation on a different machine.
The downloadable script requires PowerShell 3 and above. It will not run on earlier versions of PowerShell.
Please ensure PowerShell is configured such that it can run signed scripts (Please see this Microsoft article on Execution policies).
- Download and install NXPowerLite for File Servers
- Open NXPowerLite for File Servers dashboard, register with a server ID and then close the dashboard.
- Download and extract the Watched Folder Setup Script, then run the script (FileServer.ps1) in PowerShell (Run as administrator)
- Open the Dashboard, Add folders and apply the newly created file and settings profiles to each selected folder. (See image below)
- Click Start to enable the Watched folders service
How the script configures NXPowerLite for File Servers
The following configuration steps are implemented by running the script detailed above:
- Configure NXPowerLite for File Servers run mode to loop automatically and enable one minute cycles
- Create new File and Settings profiles