The following steps detail how to compress a PDF file with zero technical knowledge, ensuring that the resulting file is fit for purpose. The amount the file is reduced does vary depending on the content, however significant reduction can be seen for most PDF files.
- Download and install NXPowerLite Desktop software (free 14-day trial)
Windows | Mac
- Open NXPowerLite by double-clicking the Desktop shortcut
- Drag PDF file onto NXPowerLite
- Press the Optimize button to compress PDF file
- Check the reduction levels
- (Optional) Share or send reduced file
By default NXPowerLite will create an optimized copy of the file. To improve workflow, it is possible to replace the original file and backup the original.